4/4/11

{update}: a couple things...

I feel like I need to update but there hasn't been any huge event happening so I just haven't written...I guess there are a couple things:
  • Paisley currently has an awesome black eye.  Pictures and story are coming soon.  She is busier than ever...she's supposed to be napping right now and I can hear her talking to herself and giggling...I can't decide if it's time to go down to one nap a day-but I really don't want to give up the 2 nap routine!!  She is trying words more and more everyday, but her solid go-to words are still uh-oh, shoes, and cheese.  She has started kissing everyone on the mouth, which is actually really cute and is getting more and more mischievous every day.
  • Jon went down to the drag races in Vegas last Friday:
  • As you can see they went all out classy and sported handle-bar moustaches and baseball caps.  They came home sunburned and all hyped up on testosterone from watching the crazy fast cars.
  • I am dying with allergies.  I don't know what to do.  I'm going to go get some local honey today and start drinking it like mad.  I've heard that the honey really helps-and I've always tried to buy local in the past.  It just didn't dawn on me to take it everyday like a medicine.  We'll see if it works...
  • I have been super busy with Spring pictures-I love it, but I haven't been this busy in awhile and it is crazy!!  I'm so excited-I've got 2 weddings coming up in a month and it's going to be a lot of fun!
  • I have been reading the Work and the Glory.  If you haven't read this series, you should.  I've always wanted to get to know the early church better-and this is the perfect way to do it.  While the main family that you follow in the book is fictional, everyone else is not and it has helped me get to know the early members of the church, and more importantly, I feel like I'm finally getting to know the Prophet Joseph Smith.  The only consequences of reading the series is that I'm constantly on edge.  Being a Member of the Church at the time of the books was very dangerous and I have to keep reminding myself that I don't live in Missouri during the extermination order and that mobs are not going to come drive me out of my house.  There was so much heartbreak for those early saints and sometimes it is really hard to read all of the terrible things that happened to them.  It's no wonder that they came here!!
  • Conference was awesome.  As always. 
I think that about wraps it up...I'm hoping to post more pics from California soon!!  We had such a nice little break for our anniversary...♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-