4/28/11

{internet}: fotos and bunnies and spring

Hi.  I missed you.  For the last week and a half-I have been without the internet-which has been just terrible and makes me feel like maybe I've grown a little bit dependent.  I was forced to call people on the phone or text them if I wanted to communicate!!  I actually had to leave my house and see people in person because I couldn't e-mail things!!  Just horrible. 

I think sometimes my desires to take cooler pictures than everyone else document my life I get caught up in the look at me I'm trying so hard, instead of taking warm loving pics just to capture those small moments.  Not always-but sometimes, and being unable to post everything I want to has maybe been good for me.  Don't judge, I'm being honest and it's rough. lol

The Jehovah's Witness missionaries won't leave me alone.  It's given me numerous times now to practice bearing my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel.  Maybe it's just because I'm not mean to them, maybe because I offer them water to drink, or maybe just because I asked them questions about what they believe they keep coming back!!  I don't really know what to do at this point.  I point blank explained that my curiosity about their religion was merely to understand more about what they believe-not because I was looking to switch.  And I have very bluntly explained that not only do I believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, but that he restored the only true gospel to the earth.  I do have to hand it to them-they know their bible, and I can't fault them for that.

Oddly enough the Jehovah's Witnesses did have some impact on me.  They don't celebrate holidays and I never understood why.  After some explanation it definitely makes more sense.  When it comes down to it-Easter is a pagan holiday (spring=bunnies=fertility=goddess=solstice=pagan) So I really do get why they don't want anything to do with it.  It made me rethink how important it is to see through all of the commercial-ness that many of our holidays have become and really try and focus on what's really important.  Of course the Easter bunny came to visit our house, and he will continue to, but I think the bunny will be Saturday's holiday and Sunday will be when we focus on what Easter is really about.

Paisley is going through a "mommy's-girl" phase and I can't complain.  I'm her favorite person right now and I'm really enjoying it.  She has been pleasantly happy lately (I think she's in-between teeth) and it has been so fun.  She loves giving everyone loves and kisses and is understanding more and more everyday.  Her constant chattering is resembling words more and more and I'm starting to understand the root of what I think she's trying to say.  It's nice.  I look forward to the day that we can fully communicate!!

My allergies are getting better and better-slowly.  I hope these drops are working!!  I feel confident in their abilities-hopefully they continue to help!!

I finished The Work and The Glory.  I LOVE.  If you get the chance, read it.  I love how it was written, I love that it has references at the end of every chapter, I love the storyline, I love all of it.  I cannot recommend it enough.  Be prepared to be a bit paranoid while you read-maybe I was just into it, but I really was more worried about our safety (unnecessarily) while reading the books.

2 comments:

  1. Wish there as a "like" button. I totally agree with the Easter bunny bit. Was it just me or was Walmart TOTALLY over the top this year? Seriously- crazy gift-giving stuff. Anyway- Welcome back to the living on the internet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm re-reading The Work and the Glory right now for the ?? time and every time I read it I get paranoid about 72 hour kits and being ready to get out at a moments notice, good to know it's not just me.

    I also like to make the candy/gift part of any religious holiday WAY separate from why we're celebrating.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-