7/14/10

{idaho}: a pilgrimage

(note: I have no idea what I am doing wrong when I upload my photos but they are really, REALLY artifacted this time...anyone have any tips?)
So, we recently returned from a trip home to Idaho. We haven't been home in over a year, so it was wonderful to go home and visit. The weather was fabulous! Now is definitely the time to be there and not here!
We took family pictures with the Davis side of our family.
And us...the Davis'
I cannot get over the view from my parents backyard. Backyards with horses....mmmm...
I gardened a bit while I was there in my parents front yard and my Mom showed me this nest! These crazy birds come back every year and nest on the ground in our front yard! A couple of years ago it was in the middle of one of the burms in the middle of the yard but this time they nested in the wood chips underneath some pine trees off to the side. Crazy birds! After incubating and nesting some offspring myself I think leaving your eggs in the middle of someones front yard is probably a bad idea. Both parents kept yelling at me that I was getting too close the whole time I was taking this pic. It was funny...
Me and my brother. Christina just happened to have some sunglasses that matched his shirt perfectly in her purse...awesome! And oh, Famous Daves how I have missed you!
This baby cow is less than a week old. We just had to stop by Reed's while we were up there and stock up on Chocolate Milk...we brought some back for a lucky few of you.... :D
My nephew, Freedom is becoming interested in photography so I thought it would be fun to go light painting. Here in Southern Utah, it seems we have an abundance of abandoned things to light paint. In South-Eastern Idaho everyone still lives right next to their things that look like they should be abandoned (barns and such)....sooo...we drove around in the middle of the night quite a bit until finally we just headed up to Kelly's and pointed towards the North Star (its the one in the very middle). I'm not entirely sure if my nephew and brother-in-law now think I'm nuts...but we had a good time nonetheless!!
Paisley loves my dog Ginger, and Ginger loves her too. She just loved to look at her through the window!
Crumbs on her face. She thought my parents wood floors were awesome!
Paisley got to ride in a 4th of July parade! It was for a ward/block party.I believe this was Mama Benson's first time driving the lawn mower...it made for some fun!
Mmmmm....parades, bbq's, sunshine, jello, sunscreen, swimming...I love it all!
Miss Paisley bug looking at her Daddy...
Love Loves...
Jon playing with Curtis...I miss this. I still feel like I broke up the band back in the day and it makes me sad...


I have gained a testimony of this stuff. We decided to pull an all-night drive to get home (planning on leaving around 6-ish) and we didn't get out of town until 9PM! Both of us have been sick with allergies, sore throats and whatever else and by then we were super tired...so I chugged one of these. I'd never had one before and they WORK! I was alive! And it was the moment I drank it that I popped awake! Amazing! Anyway, we survived and pulled into home sweet home around 5 in the AM! UG.

For those of you that have your families close...squeeze them extra hard next time you see them. I miss my family. I miss Jon's family. So much. Seeing all of them, all at once was so wonderful. We had the opportunity to start working on some of Jon's family history work while we were there and it has been the coolest thing in the world to be able to begin to put things together. It's hard...our neices and nephews keep growing...my siblings are turning into adults...and I feel like we blinked and missed it! We love St. George and I think it will be home to us...but it is so wonderful to visit IF town...

2 comments:

  1. I think if we were to visit Idaho in July it would be awesome weather! I can't believe that you guys drove all that way in ONE NIGHT!! Crazies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you and your family and Idaho Falls. Did you see that the shack is gone? How sad is that???

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-