6/6/10

{lists}: the mom club

Why I know I'm a mom:
  1. I have referred to myself as a "starvin' marvin."
  2. I have begun to look at everything in my house as dangerous, particularly small objects that can be swallowed and things that are 3 ft or shorter...
  3. I no longer reserve only spring break as the time I whip out my boobs.
  4. I am not allowed to go to Target anymore.
  5. Ditto for "What Women Want Expos" and other such places with fabulous baby bows, tutus, skirts, diaper bags, carseat covers and such.
  6. I obsessively read every label so I do not mistakenly give my child too much sugar, any milk, honey, etc.
  7. I now worry far too much about the current state of the world and what is to come.
  8. I look at small gaps and rough trails and think..."my stroller could fit through that...yeah? right? no?"
  9. I never leave the house with less than a giant bag, extra blanket, extra food, water, and an assortment of outfits and strollers.
  10. My right arm is now significantly stronger than my left, and I may be able to now punch someone and hurt them!
  11. I look at other mothers and have a mutual understanding for what they may be going through.
  12. Church is no longer a spiritual experience filled with note taking and such. Now it is wrestle, chase and put hand over child's mouth time. I don't know how people do this with more than one.
  13. I always thought that when I had babies I would have to share my love with them and my husband, but instead my capacity to love has grown and will continue.
  14. I love to cuddle and snuggle more than I ever thought I would. Paisley is outgrowing this and it makes me sad.
  15. I never thought I would say it, but I do like nursing and I will miss it when we are done!
  16. I feel like I am officially part of the club.
Funny Story:

So Jon and I were in the ER early last week because Paisley had a 102 degree temperature that would not go away. Of course we waited until midnight to take her in (any earlier just wouldn't have made it a trip to the ER). Anyway, 2:30 AM rolled around and Paisley was fussy from being poked and prodded and Jon was doing something to annoy me and I said, joking "I will fight you! And I will so win because you won't hit a girl!" He turned to me and said "You know, we've been married 5 years...I think at this point I would at least defend myself." "And what in 10 you fight back and at our 50 year we have a fight to the death?!?" We died laughing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am sitting here dying laughing! I love your mothers club - especially spring break! I promptly called nick - and we laughed ... hard...! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post. I'm glad you liked breastfeeding - I realize now how special it was since I might not be able to do it again. It's guaranteed snuggle time.

    I liked your story about the fight to the death in the ER - but you didn't let us know if Paisley was okay?

    Hope you guys are well. You done at Bath and Body yet?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-