12/2/10

{recipes}: leftover turkey

I never know what to do with leftover turkey (turkey sandwiches can only go on for so long) so I tried this dish last night and it was delicious!  I love quiche anyway, but this really was good.  I substituted whole milk for the half and half and it turned out a wee bit runny-so I think I would have just used a little less next time.  I thought I would share!!

Turkey broccoli quiche recipe with Swiss cheese and eggs and a little curry powder.


Ingredients:

•1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
•3/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
•2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
•1 tablespoon butter
•3/4 cup chopped cooked turkey
•1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
•3 eggs
•1 1/4 cups half-and-half
•1 teaspoon curry powder
•1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation:

In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook broccoli and onion, stirring frequently, until tender. Drain.
Sprinkle broccoli and onion, turkey, and cheese into prepared pie shell.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly; beat in half-and-half, curry powder, and salt. Pour egg mixture over turkey and broccoli mixture. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° continue baking for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

I should have taken a pic because it was pretty too, but oh well.  Yummmy.

1 comment:

  1. I got a pretty good left over recipe. It is a stuffing casserole that is just delicious (and I don't like stuffing), but Heather Probert gave it to me at our recipe swap (if you are interested in joining you are more than welcome to!) let me know if you would like me to pass it along to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-