12/6/10

{grateful}: paisley snuggles

I know I'm supposed to post about being thankful at Thanksgiving...but it's all been simmering in the back of my head for the last month and is only now finally coming together...

I'm so grateful for my sweet baby girl.  I don't know how I ever got so lucky.  I just adore her.  I look at her sometimes and wonder how I will ever love another child as much as I love her.  I'm really enjoying being a mother.  I don't ever want to paint the picture that we don't have our strifes and our stuggles, but overall I am so happy with my little family.  Seeing her eyes light up at everything that is new in this world is so much fun-I cannot wait for her to grow and learn, but at the same time I just want to keep her..just like this. 

In Relief Society our new theme that we chose for next year is Christ.  I know that seems broad and simple, but we're focusing on one of Christ's attributes for each month.  To kick off the theme, we taught a lesson as a Presidency and I was chosen to share the First Presidency's Message from this month's Ensign, called "Can we see the Christ?"  I love it because it is all about seeing Christ in your life which is one of the strength's of my testimony.  The reason I love to share it and want people to have the gospel is because I love looking for and seeing Christ in my life.  I see him in the blessings we've received, I see him in the love that we have in our home, and I see him in Paisley.

And I love that husband of mine.  This may be the first year he has decided to buy my Christmas presents, which makes me giddy for Christmas morning.  I like the milestone that we have reached in our marriage.  We still like each other, we don't need to yell like we(I) used to, and overall we're happy just to see each other and hang out when we can.  It's comfortable, and nice, and I love him.

Overall, through all of the roaming sickness and travelling strife we've suffered, we're well and happy.  The delicious smells of Christmas Tree and Cinnamon make our home warm and cozy, and I'm happy to stay we're just staying here for Christmas-something I always thought would make me sad, but I'm actually very happy for. 

I guess I'm just feeling very, very blest ♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-