9/27/10

{rant}: marriage

I am ranting today because I am tired of hearing the same old tumultuous love story. I'm tired of it. And I'm a girl that loves some good drama. But it's getting overdone. What is wrong with being married and still in love? Why does marriage always have to be portrayed as a jail sentance, or as an end to the story? Why are all married couples in the movies bored and tired of each other and looking for a divorce? Or worse-cheating on each other, or contemplating cheating on each other, or going to cheat on each other? Getting married isn't the end. You don't have to choose marriage or a career-you can have both. You don't have to choose marriage or freedom!! Marriage is awesome! I still like my husband!! I'm nearly positive he still likes me! We're not constantly looking for an out! That crazy girl that I once was still exists and thrives a married woman! I love having a buddy in life. I don't think I would like living alone without Jon. And yes-maybe I would have travelled more. But really, it's so much more fun travelling with a friend too!! I don't know-I'm just tired of everything I see on TV portraying such a negative attitude about marriage-it's fun. There is peace in it. Can someone just write a love story between a husband and wife that love each other-that have always loved each other, and will continue to? Is that just too boring? Or too perfect? I worry for the next generation-they seem to think that marriage is a hopeless battle that will most certainly end in divorce!! How terrible is that! How sad is that. Too sad. Much too sad...

2 comments:

  1. If you write that story...I will read it! Totally with ya siter...almost 20 years here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, what did you see?

    But I agree, I find myself staying away from more and more media, because I'm so tired of how negative families and marriage are potrayed.

    I'm rather fond of my husband, too. We'll start a club. (:

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-