3/16/10

{thoughts}: little girls

What happens to litttle girls? It is so interesting to see the difference between the 10 and 11 year olds that still have confidence in themselves and the 13 and 14 year olds that are a mess. What happens to us? It's horrible! As a girl in Junior High you are either picking on other girls and bratty as can be or being picked on by bratty girls. I was picked on. It was awful. I don't want Paisley to go through it! Working at Bath & Body I have droves of girls come in and they are horrible! It is a rare day that I have a nice, decent, confident but not too confident 13 year old shop at my store...and it makes me sad. So what happens in those few short years? I look back and we get through it ok...for the most part. I'm still a bit scarred, but they're only scars...I'm ok now. I just don't want Paisley to go through it in the first place...

1 comment:

  1. You cannot save them from every hurt. Sorry Mom. You were an amazing teenager, so full of energy and spunk. I have no doubt that Paisley will make it through with only minor bumps and bruises...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-