3/9/10

{nostalgia}: love story

On Friday, Jon and I will be married for 5 years, and I can't even believe it. Here is our story in pictures:

I was a lifeguard, working at Reinhart, tan and skinny as can be.
I also drove a scooter-which is particularly bizarre in Idaho.
Jon played guitar, and had a band. He's playing here with Curtis at Curtis' Wedding.
Jon cut weeds...which gave him some sweet are muscles. Oddly enough, he also drove a scooter in Idaho.
Jon and I met on May 17, 2004 in our Institute class. I like him right away. He had cool pants, I had cool shoes, and we both drove cool scooters...it was magic. The first time we hung out, outside of class was at a party where the above pic was taken. We had our first date on July 28th and our first kiss on August 7th...right before I was about to leave for school...
The first time Jon came to St. George to visit me we went to Sand Hollow. I had fallen for him, but run off to St George anyway, and he promised he would visit every 2 weeks.
He kept his promise and moved down in December of 2004. We went to California...and In-n-Out...
We got married March 12, 2005 in the Idaho Falls Temple. I wore chucks, and Jon's cool socks had orange and blue stripes-once again we are very fashionable...
Our reception was organized chaos...and quite the party.
We lived in "the stilts" and I am happy to say we are no longer there...
Thankfully during our time there our decorating got better and better but when we first moved we had a random assortment of armed chairs, a hideous loveseat (pictured above with the material covering it) and my grandparents old couch (they died, it was passed on to us and we still have and love it!)
Any excuse to go to California, and we go!
This was the first family pictures taken with Jon as part of the "Clark Family"
Vegas
You'll notice my hair color change a lot through the years...
Califonia
Rachel's Wedding, 2007
The Scion, also a souvenir from California!
Family Pictures, 2008
Mexico!
Pregnancy, 2009
Cinco De Mayo, 2009 and pregnant.
Washington County Fair-they wouldn't let me go on the rides because of "my condition." Just because I was 9 months pregnant!

Our Family, 2009

I love this man! I don't remember my life without him, but it seems like we were just married yesterday! Five years has gone by so fast, and I am so grateful to have him with me through all of them. I love to look at Paisley and think of her as a product of our love...she is and she's the best thing we have to show for all these years :)

7 comments:

  1. And I take full credit for introducing you two. You're welcome ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you introduce us? I don't remember that...I do remember a couple other things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys. Five years oh my gosh wow... Well done you two. I loved the post it's fun to see the fun times and the hair changes too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow look at how long your hair was at Rachel's wedding. Crazy! You guys are by far my favorite married couple. I heart you both mucho, and your baby girl muy mucho! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. April- that was soooo cute! I love how you guys have changed your hair styles and grown to a happy family. Such a darling post! Congrats on 5- very exciting for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 5 years!! Ours is coming up too! I love your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on five years, and on still being in love at five years.

    I love the pictures. And I never knew that you both drove scooters in Idaho. It was meant to be, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-