3/9/11

{breakthrough}: running

I think I may have had a breakthrough.  The headaches have finally stopped-I worked up all the energy to complain about them and the next day I woke up headache free.  And then the day after that too...maybe I just needed to complain?  I talked to my Doc about having my tonsils removed and I think that may be a route I might take...but I'm going to wait until we HAVE to pay our deductible for me and then I'll do it.  In the meantime I am going to look into a neti-pot or other sinus cleansing device and see if that helps...and I'm enjoying the wonders of modern medicine and taking Chlortab.  It doesn't always work, but it's better than nothing and should help me manage for the season. 

After months of working out I am finally enjoying the energizing feeling that is supposed to accompany exercise.  I know I've been sick, so that's zapped my energy but previous to the sickness I would just work out and then need to lay low for the rest of the day because I was exhausted.  I tried doing Insanity back in January-and I went strong for 3 weeks and finally decided I really needed the energy to function.  I've been doing Zumba at least once a week and I LOVE it. 

I've put off running because I just wanted to be able to say that I did it this time without running.  I finally broke and went running last night.  There is something exhilirating about dressing up like a dude and jogging at night.  I just kept my head down with my baseball cap on and hood up and no one got in my way.  Jon was funny because he didn't know how to tell me nicely that I very successfully look like a guy when I want to.  It is one of the perks of being a big, tall girl.  Running used to be a therapy for me-I learned to love it after high school and I'm not sure why I gave it up.  Honestly I would rather do Zumba or swim or dance, but nothing beats how easy it is to put on some headphones and run.  Surprisingly I made it the full 2 miles without too much trouble (the route I take is half uphill, half downhill) and the downhill sure did help. 

I expected to wake up the same way I have when I push like I did-exhausted and sore, but I woke up feeling pretty good.  I went to Zumba this morning and I can honestly say I feel nothing but awesome.  I'm tired-don't get me wrong, but I'm not dead like I've been.  I'm almost afraid to say anything aloud because I don't want to jinx it-but I'm hoping that this battle I've been fighting with exercise is over and that I can now start enjoying it again. 

Now if I could just muster up what I need to wage some war against sugar...

1 comment:

  1. Good job, sometimes running is the only way I can get the motivation to get up and actually go work out. There is something easy about being able to put on your shoes and workout the second you leave the door, heading anywhere. I am excited to hear your progress, I am working on losing the last 15 lbs of pregnancy weight gain and it sucks staying motivated right now, you keep me pushing on!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-