My boobs are killing me! I officially ended weaning Paisley on Saturday after a 5 week weaning process of cutting out and switching one feeding a day to milk. Because I planned so diligently and took the process so slowly I believed it was a sure-fire way to prevent severe engorgement. I was so, so very wrong. So for the last 4 days I have been in excruciating pain. I feel like I have 2 giant (and for me they are giant!) swollen bruises on my chest. On top of it, I am one of the blessed few that also gets flu-like symptoms from suffering this severe engorgement. Awesome. Paisley has been taking the whole thing very well and doesn't seem to mind not nursing too much. She still likes to come up and run into my very sore chest and punch me and it hurts so very badly. The other thing that makes this extra hard is trying to explain to people that yes, I'm sick, but no...this is definitely not contagious. Why? Well it has to do with my boobs...that's why. I think I've been on a bit of a hormone trip as well...or it could just be the pain, but I'm super grumpy. I just needed to complain a bit. The bright side of all of this: I can take allergy medicine again!!! Yay! And I bought a Halloween craft magazine to keep me distracted so hopefully today I won't be quite as grumpy...we'll see.
Thank you so much to everyone that was there! We really appreciate all the love and the gifts! And it was so fun to see all of you! Happy Birthday baby girl!
- She loves to swim and has loved swimming all summer. I think she will be a water baby like her mom. Every time I go to work out and I drop her off at the nursery we walk past the pool doors and she gets all excited because she thinks we're going to go.
- She has only 2 teeth on the bottom and I wonder when she'll be getting more!?
- She can crawl like crazy and stand on her own...she's thinking about walking and I think it will happen soon...?
- She is petite for her age and is just beginning to grow out of her 9M clothes (which actually works out because then I can wait to buy her 12M until the season changes).
- She loves baths! She likes to splash and stand up and play with her ducky.
- She will only eat food she can feed herself-she got over baby food 3 months ago and has been eating table food ever since!
- She loves to giggle, smile and is a generally happy baby.
- She LOVES her daddy! And it's not fair. She light up the minute he walks in the door and even yells DA-daaa sometimes!
- If she likes something she also calls it Da or Da-da. If shes hungry or upset she says Ma-ma-MA! its great.
- She loves to have conversations. She especially loves it if you parrot back to her what she just said or blow raspberries back at her.
- She is almost done nursing! (yay!) I'm going to miss it, but I'm also excited for my independence. She loves her milk and has been doing really well with it!
We just love her. It has been such and incredible blessing having such a sweet baby girl and I just can't wait for her to grow. At the same time, I don't want her to grow! It's terrible being caught in such a catch-22! She brings us so much happiness and has been so much fun! We love you Miss Paisley Mae!
Also, if you get the chance check out my preview of some other carnival pictures here with the awesome Will and Alex . More to follow with them over at Ein Foto!