4/23/09

The Flashlight Game

Is it bad that I already enjoy pestering my child? Jon has a very bright small LED flashlight that was sitting on the counter last night and I had read that babies in the womb are completely able to see light...so I decided to see what would happen if I shined it directly into my belly. She had already been very active all day yesterday, so I figured if there was a day that she would respond, yesterday would be it and she did. She quite swiftly moved to the other side of my belly. So I moved the flashlight over there-so she pushed off and took off to the other side. We continued to play chase for a bit, all the while Jon hollering something about me blinding our child, and then I think I really started to bug her so she with one very powerful kick revved up and kicked the flashlight right off my belly. I figured she had probably had enough, and with all the quick movement, I spent the night with an interesting stomach ache. I don't think my internal organs were meant to be juggled around quite so much or so swiftly...

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. Frankie was never quite that active in the womb. I think you're going to have a very active kid.

    Can't wait till she's 2!

    Great story, I'm glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get started early ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-