12/26/12

{winter}: it snows today


It snows today.  And it's such a rare occurance that I ran out and took pictures just as fast as I could because you never know if you'll see it happen again!  Paisley kept trying to fill up her hands so she could eat it.  I remember the winter that Jon moved here.  I drove over to his apartment with hot chocolate and mugs and he couldn't understand what the big deal was.  The longer we're here the more we miss it...not enough to actually move, but enough that we're sad our kids won't really know what it is.

Christmas morning was so fun this year.  We stayed home and relaxed with our little family.  We spend Christmas eve delivering Christmas candy, looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas carols.  Santa came that night and filled our stockings and under our tree!!  It is so fun having Paisley get so excited-Christmas really is so much more fun with kids!

 Stella got some fun chew toys which she LOVES.  She is such a good baby and we just love her so much.
(Jon's not sure if it's his size, lol)
 Paisley got a whole treasure chest of dress-ups (hence the crown), lots of fun my little pony things, her new hello kitty jammies and her giant elephant!!
 She loves this elephant so far and insists on taking it around the house with her everywhere she goes so she has something to lay on.  It's like a giant pillow pet and takes up most of her bed (which she loves).
 She has started posing for pictures...oh dear.  Our diet on Christmas consisted mostly of candy, candy and egg nog...and then more candy.  Ug.  I was going to make a Christmas ham but Jon still isn't over his stomach flu so we went Chinese for Christmas instead and it was awesome!!  The Red Ginger here has some amazing lamb & radish soup you have to ask for that is delicious and perfect for a winter night!
And my Aunt and Uncle Measom are up from Texas and came to use our internet on Christmas day so they could skype with my cousin on a mission in Chile.  It was so fun to have them all here!!  I wish we had a bigger couch for them!!

We have been busy but soo so good.  I just can't help but feel so blessed this Christmas season.  We are so surrounded by wonderful friends and family and so grateful for all that we have.  We've been hitting the house market hard looking for something and it is terrible!!  It's so easy to get caught up and wish we had more money or worry that we'll never be able to buy anything and actually afford it...then I look at my healthy babies and my sweet husband and realize that I'm already too spoiled as it is.  Ohhh...I love them.  Hopefully we'll find something soon...I'm afraid if we don't we may just give up and live here for the rest of our lives (which really wouldn't be so bad-our heater broke last week and all I had to do was call someone...soooo nice!!).  If anyone hears of anything LET US KNOW-we're on the prowl.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-