Jon was kind enough to help me deep clean the living room and kitchen-something it has needed for a LONG time and I LOVE having a clean house!! We finally accepted that we have lots of stuff, that we need a room for the baby, and that she's not going to fit in Paisley's room...so we broke down and rented a storage unit. Jon claims this is a first step to really becoming hoarders...I really don't feel bad because if we had a garage we wouldn't need a storage unit. Ideally we'll buy a house sometime this year...add that as new years resolution #1...and so this should be a somewhat temporary arrangement.
In the meantime cleaning out a space to put our new child and realizing I get to update Paisley's room as well has been exciting. Her crib turns into a toddler bed and that's what she's been sleeping in but I'm thinking the sooner I can get her into her own toddler bed, the better so that she has no reason to blame the baby for stealing her bed. Thankfully, she's been potty trained for the last couple of months so I'm hoping by the time June comes that will be MORE than routine. And she continues to amaze me everyday with the new words and phrases that she's picking up! Her vocabulary is multiplying like crazy and I just can't believe how well she's doing.
Now, if we can just decide on a name for this child. We were completely surprised it was a girl. I'm still not sold. The ultrasound tech said she was 92% sure...so maybe it really is, but I just had such a strong feeling it was a boy!! I don't know. We had tons of cool boy names picked out, but we're tossing around a bunch for a girl...we'll see. I'm getting more and more excited to meet her now that I'm feeling better and better everyday.
Now for some Resolutions:
- I always say lose weight...which is a little unrealistic currently considering I should be starting to gain some weight in the near future...so yeah-how about we'll revisit this in June?
- Exercise: this I'm really really hoping I can do. I went to zumba for the first time last week in 3 months and it actually went WAY better than I thought it would. Hopefully this will continue to be a possibility...we'll see. I really feel like you have to play it by ear!
- Read Scriptures: I've completely lost this habit and I need it back.
- Buy a house: I'm hoping if we put it as a resolution it will happen? I can say I am SO grateful that we've waited as long as we have to make this investment-so much has changed for us and the market and I think this may be the year we've been waiting for!
- Become more organized: I really started getting more on top of this last year and I want to continue.
- Keep the house cleaner: Sometimes I let things go TOO long and I need to get back on a schedule. I know it's had a lot to do with the pregnancy and sickness, but still, there's definitely room for improvement.
- Get back to healthy eating: This has just been weird. All I want is crap for food. I could happily eat cereal, buffalo wings with bleu cheese and macaroni and cheese for every meal. seriously. It's disgusting. It seems the less nutrients, the better. AND I don't really like chocolate that much...I'm not into cookies, candy-none of the sweet stuff AND I don't like veggies...so obviously there is something wrong with me. I'm hoping with the nausea subsiding and the energy back I'll want to eat food again...particularly food that offers ANY nutrition...
- Spend more time taking pictures: I fell completely off the boat...like there isn't a single picture of Thanksgiving...I took a little bit of video at Christmas-and that's it. It's bad. Beyond NEEDING to take them I really want to spend more time taking them for fun-like as a hobby, instead of just as work.
- Keep a plant alive. They always die. Always. Unless it's bamboo-but seriously, I can do better. I just need to.