- Thanksgiving 2004 it took us 8 hours to get from Provo to St. George going 35 mph on the freeway-every gas station we stopped at was out of both gas and windshield wiper fluid because they had been snowed in for the night.
- Fall Break 2003 we ran out of gas at the "Weston/Preston" exit. I was carpooling with a group of girls and one guy-he offered to leave us all in the car while he walked to Malad and we said no, that we would come with him-luckily a nice family picked us up and drove us.
- Christmas 2003 my friend Kyle and I got snowed in at Nephi and luckily got the last room at the Econolodge-oh yes, the honeymoon suite complete with heart shaped tub and all!!
- March 2005 we spin off the road on the way home from being married/honeymoon. This was not due to snow however and thankfully the shop in Beaver was able to fix up our blown tire and put us back on the road.
- June 2006 we end up parked on I-15 for 3-ish hours hanging out with a whole bunch of fellow travelers right before the Cove Fort Exit due to a fire.
- Christmas 2007 we have a windshield wiper break due to too much ice and a crazy snow storm and luckily coast off the road close enough to an exit that we survive.
- Christmas 2008 our windshield wiper fluid stopped spraying because it was frozen at Parowan so Jon ended up disconnecting and sucking out the frozen fluid while laying on the snow covered ground in shorts and a t-shirt with me throwing up the entire way with terrible morningsickness. This was the year we vowed to fly home for Christmas next time.
around 11:30 AM
around 1:46 PM
So we had a VERY busy weekend. This lovely couple came to stay with us and took over our entire downstairs...and maybe some of the upstairs too. But that's kind of what happens when you're doing Bridals and Engagements all in one weekend! This is Bob and Lyndi-Bob is practically Jon's little brother so it was really fun to have them stay! They were loving our weather coming all the way down from Logan!
[Photo removed due to copyright issues]
Here is a sneek peek at some bridals...you'll have to stay tuned over at the Foto & Film blog to see more!
[Photo removed due to copyright issues]
While they were here we accomplished much. My good friend Alecia helped a ton but letting us borrow her skills and house for a day for some pictures. We also took the scenic drive out to Enterprise to hang out with some horses. And yes, getting up at dawn to take pics really is worth it...Did I mention that we all got the stomach flu and spent Sunday throwing up together? It was awful. Paisley had it earlier in the week and Jon had it all day Thursday, so we thought we'd be ok. Nope. Ug.
In other news, Paisley is getting more teeth. I can feel them starting to cut through so she's a sad, sad mess. She refuses to be anywhere but on top of me somehow. I must be holding her, or hugging her or she needs to be sitting on my lap in order to be ok...so I'm getting a little clausterphobic. She has also learned the trick that if she lays her head on my shoulder and then nuzzles me that I melt and want to snuggle her...it's terrible! Oh well, I missed the snuggling so I guess it's not all bad.
around 9:22 AM
I am sick. AGAIN. I am so sick of being sick. It is never ending!! I have been more sick in the last year and a half than I can ever remember being!! I have never had allergies like this before! And I know that my allergies are weakening my immune system so I've tried to treat them and it doesn't seem to help! I started taking allergy meds again which has helped and I've tried to get more sleep, exercise more, eat better and I've even been taking a mulitvitamin and some pom juice (for good measure) and I still get sick!! I've tried addressing my emotional issues...I've tried drinking more water...I've tried eating local honey...I've tried nasal strips...I'm frustrated. I'm tired of continually having a runny nose. It's beginning to wear on me. To top it off I can't wear my wedding ring because my winter hands have already gotten so bad that you can see a bright red mark where it belongs. Only half of my throat has been swelling with my allergies lately and my ears healed up again where my piercing used to be because I took out my earrings for more than a day!! I also have a canker sore in the very back of my mouth that is making it hard to eat and I had a headache so bad last night I felt like I was going to throw up. Am I dying? Someone tell me the truth... I've actually been putting in the effort to avoid this problem only to end up worse than I've been!!
around 3:32 PM
around 12:25 PM