My heart is heavy, my body is sick and my head..ohhh..it pounds. Both my babes are sick and I originally tried the just-ignore-their-colds-and-it-will-go-away approach and that didn't work too well. Honestly I can't complain too much because normally by this time of year I've been sick 3 times and this ones the first real cold of the season. AND the DOCTOR said we could give Paisley Benadryl. She said it was a good thing to do. The box says no, but the doctor said yes...sooo...I'm not a bad mom. Just for the record.
I've watched some dear friends go through some really hard stuff in the last little while. It makes my heart ache. Oh, I want to fix and make everything better for everyone. Its hard.
I get really vulnerable at wedding shows. I shouldn't, but I do. Or maybe I should...I don't know. Knowing that your work is blatantly being judged and compared to everyone else's can get a bit scary. And seriously...I bought everything for my booth at DI and I still can't tell if I looked cheap and thrown together or if it somehow worked. Seriously, you should have seen some of these booths!! Amazing!
Stella has started biting. Intentionally. How do I know it's intentional? Because after I yelped the first time she did it again and again to get the same reaction. Now she gets tapped on the forehead. I'm just so glad she doesn't have teeth!
Doing the showcase made me realize once again how high-maintenance Paisley really is. She gets completely out of whack if she doesn't get her correct allotment of attention in a week and will act out and use any means possible to get it some other way. It doesn't matter if it's negative or positive she NEEDS attention like most people need oxygen. (I'm a little bit the same way though...so I kind of understand.) She's going to drive me crazy.
Anybody know anything about weight-lifting for women? That's my next physical venture...let me know if you have advice or tips.
And this is where I'm at in life:
- Night time is scary. Knowing the reality of the fact that there is only windows and doors keeping the outside world out has become super real all of a sudden.
- Paisley is hilarious.
- I find that if I spend my morning snuggling my girls in bed and loving on them I'm not nearly as mad when they both drive me crazy throughout the day...you really do have to just soak in all the goodness you can so the crazy doesn't take over!
- I'm getting ready for a wedding show. It's stressful. And time consuming. And...I really hope it's worth it.
- Finding the right house, for the right price, with the right amount of work needed is proving to be really difficult. We paused for 20 minutes on I house I really, really loved and I kind of regret not at least trying to put an offer on it. Oh well. It's just really hard to decide in 20 minutes if you want to invest in something for 30 years...
- Stella is at my favorite baby stage. Not super mobile, smiles and giggles all day, and snuggly! I just wish she wasn't such an aggressive nurser!
- I designed my first billboard...it's not my favorite BUT it's super cool to see my work that big! I'll take pictures ;)
- If you haven't ever tried the mexican dish tinga...you need to! favorite.
- lettuce wraps, also favorite. The best was realizing we had them as leftovers and eating them for lunch yesterday...it's the simple things in life.
- And newest project: I discovered you can not only make homemade graham crackers but homemade marshmallows too!! Homemade smores here we come!!
- I'm totally going to have to do a pinterest project follow up...I've been trying out some fun things!
That's life currently...unless I forgot something. Hmmmm..my brain is so frazzled at this point I don't know if it matters. Wish me luck in life currently!
around 12:19 AM