11/18/08

I'm a Loner Dottie, a Rebel...



I'm in a bit of a weird funk today.  I renewed my love affair with The Get-up Kids and it has taken me to a different place in my life.  A place of sadness, lots and lots of running, countryside, and the comforting smell of chlorine and trees.  It's just weird how when you give all the CD's back at the end of a relationship and then go without hearing songs you listened to everyday for a couple years-the things that spring back to life are crazy when you hear all of them again.  If you get the chance, go listen to the entire "Something to write home about" album from The Get-up Kids.  You'll thank me later.

3 comments:

  1. I love you. We are two peas in a pod, you and me. Sometimes I wonder why I'm so affected by music, but then I realize that they sing the words that my soul couldn't find...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm betting the person that got you into the Get Up Kids is the same person that got me into them. I heart April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have most of the mp3's from that album. They would take me back, too, I think. It is crazy how music can sometimes take you to a different place and time. You get to grow up all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-