10/15/09

Baked Apples.

So I bought a bunch of delicious Utah grown apples a while ago and I have been craving baked apples.  I got really brave and decided to make up my own recipe so here it is:

April's Made up Baked Apple Recipe

3 Tbsp Butter
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C White Sugar
1/4 C Oatmeal
Generous Sprinkling of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 C Target's Cranberry Trail Mix (Dried Cranberries, White Chocolate Chips, Pecans and Almonds), chopped
4 Apples

Pre-heat oven to 375°.  Core Apples.  Spray 8x8 pan with no-stick spray.  Mush butter, sugars and oatmeal with fork.  Add spices, vanilla, and lemon juice, mush and add trail mix.  Generously stuff apples and then dump remaining over apples and in pan.  Add 1/2 cup water to bottom of pan as well and bake for 45-55 min at 375°.  Apples are done when tender and fork easily slides through, but not mushy.  Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream or Homemade Whipped Cream.

Disclaimer:  I think these measurements are correct but I can't be sure...I just threw stuff in.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message after the tone -BEEP-